Kaduna PRP Rejects Presidential ,NASS Election Results
…says it ridiculed Nigeria’s Democracy
…Calls for cancellation of results
The Kaduna State Chapter of People’s Redemption Party, (PRP) has rejected the last Saturday’s 2019 presidential and National Assembly elections results .
According to the party, the outcome of elections has ridiculed democratic participation of “one-man one-vote” in which each vote must count.
It further said ,”It is so sad that the election that costs Nigeria a colossal sum of money and a great deal of time to prepare ended as a charade and a rape to our democratic process.”
Speaking at a Press Conference today , Chairman of PRP ,Kaduna State Chapter,Abdulrahman Haruna Danbirni who pointed out that the elections are marred with alteration of results; vote-buying , non-accreditation of voters before casting their votes, non-application or deliberate bye-passing of card readers, use of financial inducements and vote buying which was business of the day on the date of the election rejected the outcome and called for cancellation of the entire NASS election results.
The Party Chairman also rejected the complicity of INEC , the role of the security and the APC-led government in deploying State resources to aid the party in its mission to rig elections to its favour.
“We blame the APC-led government in the state for this gargantuan electoral fraud and a daylight robbery of our democratic process. All individual votes must count in a democracy.
“We are calling for the cancellation of the Senatorial and House of Representatives elections in Zone II by theIndependent National Electoral Commission (INEC)” He said .
Read full speech of the Kaduna PRP Chairman …
PRP REJECT RESULTS OF THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL AND NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS
Being text of a Press Conference on the conduct of the February 23rd 2019 Presidential and National Assembly Elections held by the PRP Kaduna State on Saturday 2nd March 2019 at the party’s Secretariat
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press
We invite you to this press conference to state our position on the Presidential and National Assembly Elections held on Saturday February 23rd 2019
The People’s Redemption Party, PRP Kaduna State Chapter condemned the last Presidential and National Assembly elections, as it ridiculed our Democratic participation of one-man one-vote in which each vote must count. It is sad that the election that costs Nigeria a colossal sum of money and a great deal of time to prepare ended as a charade and a rape to our democratic process.
Inundated with electoral irregularities, we are left with no option than to throw away the baby along with the bathwater. Our agents from across the state have flooded us with reports of electoral irregularities, most prominent and widespread are:
1. Alteration of results,
2. vote-buying and Non-accreditation of voters before casting their votes,
3. non-application or deliberate bye-passing of card readers,
4. The use of financial inducements and vote buying was business of the day on the date of the election. The ruling party was seen openly engaged in buying votes from the electorate using cash and other valuables. APC Local Government Chairmen in the state were seen sharing money and materials openly to voters in election centres in order to win their votes. This open show of partisanship by public office holders is an indictment on their presumed non-artisanship and a testimony of the misuse of public funds for political gains.
5. Cancellation of results in almost all the polling units that did not favour the ruling party.
6. Intimidation and open partisanship of security personnel For instance, in Birnin-Gwari and Giwa, Kajuru, Igabi, Birnin-Gwari and other local governments, security personnel were used to intimidate and scare away voters perceived to be in opposition to the ruling party.
7. Non availability of result sheets in most of the polling units. In majority of the polling units, our agents have been issued improvised results sheets as against the original INEC result sheets which they rejected, a testimony to the grand fraud perpetrated by the ruling party to aid its candidate;
10. Result mismatch where the result collated from the wards and local governments are different from the results announced by INEC in the State;
11. Incomplete Ballot Papers:- Cases of incomplete ballot papers where either Senate of House Of Representatives ballot papers are missing in polling units are widespread and rampant
12. Another particular point of note is over-voting where the total number of ballots cast exceeds the number of accredited voters, which have been reported in most local governments and our agents have protested to no avail.
13. INEC presiding officers have been fingered for numerous electoral malfeasances, where officials connived with the ruling party to manipulate results in its favour.
14. It is also an established fact that the ruling party has replaced trained polling personnel with its cronies to aid in the manipulation of results in its favour.
15. Lateness in the commencement of and early closing of voting. In most polling units, voting started very late and closed earlier disenfranchising many voters who spend hours waiting for the arrival of the election materials.
We therefore reject the complicity of INEC and the role of the security and the APC-led government in deploying state resources to aid the party in its mission to rig elections to its favour.
We blame the APC-led government in the state for this gargantuan electoral fraud and a daylight robbery of our democratic process. All individual votes must count in a democracy. We are calling for the cancellation of the Senatorial and House of Representatives elections in Zone II by theIndependent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
Thank you for your kind attention
Abdulrahman Haruna Danbirni
PRP STATE CHAIRMAN