Kogi Election: Why Yahaya Bello Remains the People’s Choice
By Adams Mustapha Aikoye
Governor Alhaji Yahaya Bello is the fourth Executive Governor of Kogi State. An amazingly simple man guided by sound ethical principles. He has deep respect for people, processes, and rules.
With unblemished leadership qualities, clear vision on the right direction for the society and extraordinary courage to go against the status quo and make positive change possible.
The people of Kogi State have witnessed unprecedented developmental strides since he took over the mantle of leadership of the state. Kogi before now was run based on family business without any legal framework to be called a state, until he came on board and restored the lost values of the state.
This youthful and resourceful Governor within just three (3) years in office has recorded achievements in various sectors including security, health, agriculture, education, infrastructure development like roads and schools, amongst others across the 3 senatorial district of the state.
In Kogi East my own senatorial district, Governor Yahaya Bello has positively touched almost all the Local Government in terms of Social Amenities. They include;
1. Ongoing construction of the age-long abandoned Ejule-Umomi-Ajaka-Idah road.
2. Payment of counterpart fund for the construction of Idah/Agenebode bridge on private public partnership.
3. Through his Chief of Staff, the people of Kogi East are set to commission the Igala Unity House, built by the GYB led administration, in the next one month.
4. The people of Ankpa LGA and Olamaboro LGA, after been denied of basic infrastructure like roads, lack of portable water, electricity and health care services for several decades, are happy that Ankpa is now wearing a new look with well constructed asphalt nylon tar road network.
5. Payment of 100 Million naira counterpart fund to NEWMAP for control of erosion site at Olubojo and Afor gamgam, both in Ankpa LGA.
6. Refurbishing and renovation of Ankpa and Olamboro central mosques with modest architectural design.
7. Renovations of five (5) public schools each from the 9 local government areas that made up Kogi East.
8. Construction of Ibana Okpo/Ogugu-Ete road.
9. Electrification of Abejukolo, Omala LGA where the former Governor of Kogi State who served for nine (9) years hailed from.
10. Provision of motorized boreholes across the 9 local government areas of Kogi East.
This is not the right time for tribal agenda, developmental agenda we know.
Even in the holy book, God says we should reward good with good, GYB has done well, tribal sentiment aside, he did not made himself an Ebira by tribe, destiny choose him as one. Let’s shun tribal sentiments and reelect GYB to consolidate on his first term achievement.