Group under auspices of Senator Goodwill Akpabio for Common Good (SGACG) has joined Nigerians across the six geo-political zones to celebrate the what he described as ‘special moments of Christmas’.
The group in a statement signed by Dr. Jibril Tafida, the National CoordinatorOf SGACG stated , ” We are group of volunteers, united under the banner of Senator Godswill Akpabio for Common Good( SGACG).
” We urge Nigerians join us in giving full support to SGACG’s nationwide persuasion campaign for Senator Akpabio to run for Presidency as from the year 2022″.
However , while heartily rejoicing with all Nigerians,it expressed gratitude to God for sparing lives of many to witness this special day.
The group according to the statement further said ,”All said and done, we wish to convey an important message on the political and democratic future of this nation. Our message is as follows:
1. We call on Nigerians to join hands with our group in urging the Niger Delta Affairs Minister to aspire for political office in 2023.
The year 2022 should offer a special opportunity for Nigerians from all walks of life to join the SGACG in persuading the Minister to actively participate in general elections by 2023.
2. Regardless of ethno-regional or religious affinities, Nigerians should come together and speak with one voice and rally around Senator Godswill Akpabio, as nationalist, with goodwill all over the nation to aspire for a higher elective office in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.
3. His sterling records of achievement during his sojourn as Akwa Ibom State and his legislative activism as Senate Minority Leader have made him well-cut for a higher elective office, especially that of the President. We won’t rest on our oars until we successfully convince Senator to join the 2023 race and leave his footprints on the sands of Nigeria’s democratic history.
4. The time is ripe for Nigerian men and women of good conscience to join million others in the SGACG train, to convince Akpabio to step out for national service; because he has all it takes in terms of leadership abilities and top level connections at the domestic and international levels.
5. Lastly, we urge Nigerians to use the spirit of Christmas as an opportunity for promoting tolerance, love for one another and brotherhood beyond ethno-geographic and related barriers.”